The Gangster Coat
The "Gangster" is inspired by the wool overcoats worn in the 1930's and 40's. This design is reminiscent of the styles worn by James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart in the movies. It harks back to a time when gentlemen cared just as much about looking good as they did about protection from the elements. No boxy, straight, minimal styling here.
It has all the typical details you would want in a piece of clothing from the heyday of prohibition and gangster chic.
These coats are tailored like they would have been in Al Capone's days.
- Double breasted with wide lapels
- Button through half-belt
- Action pleat in the back
- Patch pockets
- Cuffed sleeves
- Highest quality 1.2mm / 3oz front quarter horsehide leather
- Genuine horn buttons
- Comfortable 100% herringbone wool lining for the body and satin for the sleeves
- Buttoned interior pocket
- Buttoned collar for extra warmth
- Underarm vents with leather wear areas