Officer's Trench Coat
The trench coat was developed as protection against the elements and used by French and British officers in WWI.
The style was dubbed "trench coat" by the front line soldiers that were fighting in the trenches. The original trench coats were made of water resistant heavy duty cotton and were subsequently made using wool and leather as the style evolved. The double breasted longer pattern was ideal protection against the wind and rain and the style soon gained popularity off the battlefield as well. During WWII the trench coat went to work again and many variations of the style were used by most of the armies of continental Europe as well as the United States. Our version is loosely based on US Army patterns from the 1940’s and 1950’s period.
The elegant double breasted longer pattern provides perfect protection:
An enduring style that hasn't aged for nearly a century.
- Double breasted belted style loosely based on a US army officer's trench coat
- Highest quality 1.2mm / 3oz front quarter horsehide leather
- Genuine horn buttons
- Comfortable 100% worsted wool tweed lining for the body and satin for the sleeves
- Button through side entry pockets and interior pocket
- Collar stand design with zigzag stitching
- Throat-latch for extra warmth
- Large shoulder epaulettes
- Sleeve adjusters to keep out drafts
- Underarm vents with leather wear areas
- Belt retainer loop (so that belt won't get lost)
- Leather covered buckle